Overhead Cable Curl / Crucifix Curls
- Set up a cable station by adjusting the pulley height on each side to a little higher than shoulder height.
- Attach a stirrup type handle to each pulley.
- Select aweight that is comfortable, making sure the weight is the same on both sides of the machine.
- Stand between the two weight stacks of the machine,with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Extend your arms fully to your sides and grip the handles with an underhand grip.
- Make sure your arms and shoulders are in a straight line and alligned with the handles. This is the start position
- Exhale and contract your biceps to curl your forearms towards your shoulders.
- Continue until your forearms and biceps touch. Hold for a count of one while squeezing your biceps.
- Return to the star position in a smooth action while inhaling.
Only your forearms should move during this exercise. You can perform this exercise using one arm at a time.
Related exercises to discover
Overhead cable curl / crucifix curls is a gym work out exercise that targets biceps and also involves abs. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Boxing with a punching bag, barbell drag bicep curls and standing dumbbell bicep curls are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as overhead cable curl / crucifix curls. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.