One Arm Side Push Ups
- Lay on your left side on a yoga/exercise mat or towel with your right arm bent and its palm flat on the ground in front of your left shoulder.
- Wrap your left arm around your rib cage and bend your knees slightly.
- Push with your right arm and allow your body to raise off the ground as you push.
- Once your right arm is almost fully extended, hold for a second before slowly lowering yourself back down to the floor.
- Repeat for the designated number of reps before performing the same movement with your left arm.
Related exercises to discover
One arm side push ups is a gym work out exercise that targets chest and triceps and also involves obliques. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Medicine ball rotational passes, barbell pullovers / lying chest overhead extensions and wall push-ups / pushups / standing press ups are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as one arm side push ups. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.