- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart and a dumbbell in each hand.
- Keep your arms extended and by your sides and with your palms facing in.
- Relax your shoulders so they hang as low as possible.
- Raise the dumbbells by slowly lifting your shoulders in a shrugging motion. Hold for a count of one.
- Slowly relax your shoulders to return to the start position.
Related exercises to discover
Dumbbell shrugs is a gym work out exercise that targets shoulders. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Dual / two arm dumbbell front shoulder raises, resistance band lateral raises / side raises and medicine ball rotational passes are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as dumbbell shrugs. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.