Decline Bench Dumbbell Press
- Sit on a decline bench and place your feet under the leg brace. Rest a dumbbell on each thigh.
- Grab hold of the dumbbells with an overhand grip and lie back on the bench.
- Position the dumbbells on either side of your chest. Your palms should face outwards and your arms should be bent under each weight.
- Slowly press the dumbbells up from the elbows until your arms are fully extended over your chest.
- Return to the starting position by lowering the dumbbells to either side of your chest again. You should feel a slight stretch in your chest and shoulders.
Related exercises to discover
Decline bench dumbbell press is a gym work out exercise that targets chest and also involves shoulders and triceps. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Resistance band chest press, single arm chest press and medicine ball slams are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as decline bench dumbbell press. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.