Close Grip Pullups / Chinups
- Step up to the bar and grasp it with your palms facing you and arms close together.
- Your arms should be fully extended.
- Cross your ankles and bend your knees,
- Pull your body up until your elbows are completely bent and close to your body, reaching your chin to the bar.
- Lower your body until your arms and legs are fully extended in the starting position.
Related exercises to discover
Close grip pullups / chinups is a gym work out exercise that targets lower back and also involves biceps and forearms and upper back & lower traps. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Hex / trap bar / cage deadlifts / squats, dumbbell incline bench rows and bent over two-arm long barbell / t-bar rows are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as close grip pullups / chinups. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.