Close Grip Pullups / Chinups
- Step up to the bar and grasp it with your palms facing you and arms close together.
- Your arms should be fully extended.
- Cross your ankles and bend your knees,
- Pull your body up until your elbows are completely bent and close to your body, reaching your chin to the bar.
- Lower your body until your arms and legs are fully extended in the starting position.
Related exercises to discover
Close grip pullups / chinups is a gym work out exercise that targets lower back and also involves biceps and forearms and upper back & lower traps. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Dumbbell deadlifts, foam roller lower back stretch and scorpion stretch are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as close grip pullups / chinups. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.