- Hold your body steady in a solid, slightly-leaning-forward position.
- Drive your back leg into the floor and begin by taking small, rapid steps that gradually build to bigger, explosive steps.
- Pump your arms and use them to pull your body forward, allow your hands to travel from hip to lip as you run.
- With every stride, lift your front knee while straightening your back leg completely to deliver full-bursting power.
- As you pass the finish line, allow your pace to slow steadily. Do not try to stop yourself instantly, you have no air bag.
Related exercises to discover
Sprints is a gym work out exercise that targets calves and glutes & hip flexors and hamstrings and quadriceps and also involves abs and chest and middle back / lats and triceps. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Sprints, sled push and cardio – recumbent bike are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as sprints. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.