Standing Bicep Cable Curls
- Set up a cable station with a straight bar attachment connected to the low pulley.
- Stand close to the station, feet shoulder width apart either side of the pulley.
- Grip the bar with a shoulder width underhand grip.
- Keep your elbows close to your sides.
- Curls your arms upward from the elbows in a smooth arc.
- Continue until your forearms are vertical with your palms facing your shoulders. Hold for a count of one while flexing your biceps.
- Lower the bar back to the starting position in a smooth motion.
Related exercises to discover
Standing bicep cable curls is a gym work out exercise that targets biceps and also involves abs and forearms. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Seated dumbbell concentration curls, seated dumbbell bicep curls and bosu ball burpees are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as standing bicep cable curls. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.