Tones lower spine
Balances reproductive system
Keeps mind focused and alert, redirects energy upward
How to perform accomplished
- Sit with your legs stretched in front of you. Bend your right leg and place your heel near your perineum.
- Bend your left leg and stack the left ankle on top of the right. Tuck your left toes in between your right thigh and calf. Lengthen your spine.
- Rest the backs of your hands on your knees with your thumbs and index fingers touching.
- Close your eyes. Hold the pose and take slow, deep breaths.
- Carefully release the legs.
- Stack ankles
- Tuck toes in between thigh and calf
- Lengthen spine
- Heels close to groin
- Relax shoulders
Modification: Sit on a bolster or block.
Avoid this pose if you have sciatica.
More yoga poses to discover
Accomplished (Siddhasana in Sanskrit) is an intermediate yoga pose that belongs to the hip openers and meditation and seated categories. This asana targets knees, lower back and spine, and also involves ankles and glutes & hip flexors muscles. Accomplished stretches and strengthens legs, opens chest; rejuvenates abdominal organs and also reduces fatigue, increases energy. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this posture correctly. Discover more yoga asanas and yogic breathing exercises in our free yoga pose directory – a visual resource for yoga teacher training students as well as practitioners of all levels. Finally, shop our best-selling Yoga Cards products!
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.