Strengthens back, stretches knees
Brings mental balance
How to perform easy pose
- Sit with your legs stretched in front of you. Bend one leg with an exhale and draw the foot near the opposite thigh.
- Bend the other leg and tuck the foot under the opposite shin.
- Rest your hands on your knees. Lengthen your spine but relax your body.
- Close your eyes. Hold the pose and take slow, deep breaths.
- Slowly release the legs.
- Lengthen spine
- Relax shoulders
- Reach crown of head toward sky
- Relax arms
Modification: Sit on a bolster or block.
More yoga poses to discover
Easy pose (Sukhasana in Sanskrit) is a beginner yoga pose that belongs to the hip openers and meditation and seated categories. This asana targets knees and spine and also involves ankles and glutes & hip flexors muscles. Easy pose stretches and strengthens legs, opens chest; rejuvenates abdominal organs and also reduces fatigue, increases energy. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this posture correctly. Discover more yoga asanas and yogic breathing exercises in our free yoga pose directory.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.