Tricep Dumbbell Kickbacks
- Start by standing to the right of a flat bench with a dumbbell on the floor to your right.
- Place your left knee on the bench with your left hand palm down n the bench in front of it. In this position, keep your back straight.
- Pick up the dumbbell with your right hand using an overhand grip.
- Raise your arm until it is in line with your body, keeping your elbow tucked into your side and bent to a 90 degree angle. Your forearm should be pointing straight down to the floor.
- Extend your arm using your triceps to lift the weight until it is level with your shoulder.
- Hold for a count of one while squeezing your tricep.
- Lower to the starting position by bending your elbow to 90 degrees.Hold and repeat.
- Complete the set for your right arm before changing stance to work your left arm.
Related exercises to discover
Tricep dumbbell kickbacks is a gym work out exercise that targets triceps and also involves abs and forearms. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Weighted tricep dips, close-grip overhand barbell bench press and shadow boxing are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as tricep dumbbell kickbacks. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.