Smith Machine Leg Press / Reverse Squats
- First, lay on the floor without the bar; measure, and place the safety brackets at the height of your squatting limit.
- Remove the bar from its locks and allow it to rest on the safety brackets before loading with the desired amount of weight.
- Lay on the floor with your glutes almost directly underneath the bar. Place the balls of your feet on the underside of the lowered bar.
- Drive the weight upwards using your quadriceps and glutes.
- Lower the weight back down to the safety brackets to complete one rep.
Take extra care with this motion! Practice with a an empty bar first to master the movement.
Related exercises to discover
Smith machine leg press / reverse squats is a gym work out exercise that targets glutes & hip flexors and quadriceps and also involves hamstrings. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Kettlebell thruster / squat to clean to overhead press, powerbag / sandbag squats and side plank leg raises are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as smith machine leg press / reverse squats. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.