One-Arm Dumbbell Preacher Curl
- Set up a preacher curl bench making sure that the seat is set at the right height for you. The seat shouldn’t be so low that you need to raise your shoulders, or so high that you need to lean over the support pad.
- Rest you arm on the support pad with your triceps near the top and your elbow midway down the pad.
- Grip the dumbbell with an underhand grip at shoulder width.
- Curl the dumbbell in towards your chin and upper chest in a single smooth arc. Hold for a count of one while squeezing your biceps.
- Lower the dumbbell by extending your arms back to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions then change to your other arm.
Related exercises to discover
One-arm dumbbell preacher curl is a gym work out exercise that targets biceps and also involves forearms. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Seated dumbbell bicep curls, resistance band bicep curls and cable hammer bicep curls are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as one-arm dumbbell preacher curl. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.