Standing Leg / Hamstring Curls
- Begin with a light weight and stand facing the machine. Position one leg for the lift by hooking it under the weight pad.
- Make sure the pads are in a comfortable position around your ankle in order to involve the heel in the movement. Don’t position the pads too high on the calf.
- Grab hold of the support handles.
- Flex your knee and lift the pad upwards as far as you can towards your buttocks as you exhale.
- Lower the leg to the starting position.
Related exercises to discover
Standing leg / hamstring curls is a gym work out exercise that targets hamstrings and also involves glutes & hip flexors. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Lying leg curls, alternating curtsy lunges and seated leg curls are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as standing leg / hamstring curls. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.