Seated Machine Leg Extensions
- Sit on a leg extension machine and place your legs under the pad with your feet pointed forward. The pad should rest on your shins just above your feet and you will need to adjust it to suit.
- Grip the hand bars (if fitted) firmly. This is the start position.
- Using only your quadriceps, fully extend your legs exhaling as you do so. Hold for a count of one.
- Return to the start position in a smooth movement as you inhale,.
- The angle at your knee should not go past 90-degrees.
This exercise can be performed one leg at a time.
Related exercises to discover
Seated machine leg extensions is a gym work out exercise that targets quadriceps. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Overhead plate squats, alternating bodyweight lunges and bodyweight squats are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as seated machine leg extensions. Visit our directory for more exercises.
Our exercise illustrations represent original artwork registered with and protected by the U.S. Copyright Office. Unauthorized use violators will be prosecuted. More details.