How can I lose fat in my upper hips and make them narrower?
I have lost weight and my upper body is slim but my hips have not changed much.
In order to lose weight in your upper hips, you'll have to utilize a combination of healthy diet, caloric restriction, high intensity interval training, and hip-dominant exercises.
In order to improve your diet, you may have to eliminate some things while adding others:
- Eliminate processed and fried foods (this includes refined carbohydrates)
- Reduce your sugar intake
- Increase your daily intake of vegetables and fruits
- Introduce yourself to dairy that is loaded with probiotics (Greek yogurt and Keifer are great choices)
How you eat is also very important:
- For each meal, you should be eating a well balanced ratio of complex carbohydrates, clean protein, and healthy fats
- Start every day with breakfast
- After breakfast, continue eating smalls meals every 2-3 hours
- Drink 8 glasses of water per day
- Keep a food log to track how well you do each day
Now for your exercise program: In conjunction with a strength training program, you need to be incorporating a high intensity cardiovascular workout. This is where HIIT comes in:
- 8-10 compound bodyweight-based exercises
- Perform them in rapid succession
- Once the last exercise is complete, take a 60 to 90 second break and begin again
- 2 to 3 sets for beginners and
- 4 to 6 sets for advanced lifters
- Perform a HIIT program 2 to 3 times a week along with your normal strength training
Lastly, hip-dominant exercises will help to burn the extra weight off of your hips.