- Sit in a comfortable position. Lengthen your spine.
- Place your right hand over your belly and your left hand over your chest. Close your eyes.
- Inhale into your belly, slowly and deeply. Feel your belly expand. As you continue the inhalation, feel your ribs expand next and then the base of your throat.
- As you exhale, relax the upper chest, feel the ribs contract next and lastly the belly.
- Each breath should flow naturally without tension. Repeat 5 to 10 rounds of this breath.
Modification: Place a firm cushion or rolled mat under your bottom to bring more length to your spine.