- Begin standing. Step your left foot 3 ½ to 4 feet back with an exhale. Keeping your heels in one line, point your left foot 45 degrees to the left. Face your torso forward.
- Reach your arms toward the sky with an inhale, palms facing each other.
- Bend your right knee with an exhale, bringing the thigh parallel to the floor. Align knee over ankle.
- Hold the pose and take slow, deep breaths.
- Straighten your leg with an inhale, then exhale and step your feet together. Release your arms. Change sides.
Avoid this pose if you have high blood pressure or heart problems.