- Holding a dumbbell in each hand, stand with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Let your arms hang by your side with your palms facing in to the side of your body.
- Keep your elbows close to your sides.
- Curl the dumbbells up towards your shoulders. Do not swing your hips to get the weight moving.
- Continue raising the dumbbells until they are level with your shoulders with your palms facing in. Your forearm should be in a vertical position.
- Squeeze or flex your bicep and hold for a count of one.
- Slowly lower the dumbbells to the starting position.
You can also perform this exercise by alternating between left and right arms or one arm at a time.