- Sit down on a leg press machine and place your legs on the platform directly in front of you at shoulder width.
- Lower the safety bars holding the weighted platform and press the platform all the way up until your legs are fully extended in front of you bot do NOT lock your knees. Your torso and legs should be at a 90degree angle to each other. This is the start position.
- Inhaling, slowly lower the platform until your upper and lower legs form a 90-degree angle. Pause for a count of one,
- Return to the starting position by pushing through the heels of your feet, engaging your quadriceps. Exhale as you do so.
- After completing the desired number of repetitions, make sure you lock the safety pins of the machine before alighting.
Always check to make sure that when you re-rack the weight the platform is securely locked.