Seated / Low Cable Row
Warning: Do not swing or rock back and forth as you perform this exercise. Doing so can cause lower back injury.
- Connect a V-bar attachment to the low pulley on a cable station or cable rowing machine.
- Sit down at the station and place your feet on the foot pads or crossbar provided, while keeping your knees slightly bent.
- Lean forward, keeping your back straight and grip the V-bar handles with both hands.
- Keeping your arms fully extended pull back until your torso is at a 90-degree angle from your legs.
- Your back should be slightly arched, with your chest should be pushed out. This is the start position.
- Keeping your torso stationary, pull the handles back towards you while squeezing your back muscles.
- Keep your arms close to your sides until your hands reach your abdomen. Exhale as you perform this movement.
- Hold for a count of one.
- Inhale as you return to the start position in a smooth movement.
Note: You can perform this exercise using a straight bar instead of a V-Bar.
You can use an underhand or overhand grip