Return to Exercise Guide
Sumo / Plié Dumbbell Squat
- Stand up straight with a tight core and flat back.
- Position your feet wider than shoulder-width. Your toes should be facing out diagonally.
- Holding a dumbbell with both hands in front of you, look straight ahead and bend at the knees while driving your hips backward. Your knees should be following your toes in a diagonal line.
- Complete this wide stance squat by having your thighs come parallel with the ground.
- Pause and slowly return to the starting position without locking your knees.