High Box Jump
- Stand in front of a sturdy bench, box or other flat non slip surface that’s high enough that you must use that you have to use a lot of effort in order to jump up on top of it.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Bend your knees as if crouching or performing a squat.
- In an explosive movement, push through your feet to jump up onto the landing area.
- Make a soft landing by bending your knees as your feet touch down.You should land on both feet simultaneously.
- Step down and repeat.
Note: If you have difficulty landing in a balanced way, the platform may be too high.
A variation for advanced athletes is to jump down backwards from the box. Only try this once you have mastered the basic form.