Primary muscle group: Biceps
- Stand straight holing a dumbbell in each hand with a neutral grip.
- Keep your arms fully extended with your palms facing in to your sides.
- Keep your elbows tucked in to your sides. This is the start position.
- Keeping your upper arm stationary, exhale and curl the dumbbells up towards your shoulders.
- Continue raising the dumbbells until your biceps are fully contracted and the dumbbells are at shoulder level.
- Hold for a count of one and squeeze your biceps.
- Return to the start position in a smooth movement, inhaling as you do so.
Note: There are many ways to perform this movement. Other examples include; sitting with or without back support, using alternating arms and also using a cable station’s lower pulley.