Forward / Front Dumbbell Raise
Primary muscle group: Shoulders
- Stand straight holding a dumbbell in each hand with an overhand grip.
- Hold the dumbbells in in front of your thighs with your palms of the facing your thighs. Keep your arms fully extended. This is the start position.
- Raise the left dumbbell out and upwards, while keeping a slight bend in your elbow. Your palms must always face down for this exercise.
- Continue raising the dumbbell until you arm is a little above parallel to the floor. Exhale as you are raising the dumbbell.
- Pause for a count of one.
- Inhale and slowly lower the dumbbell to the start position.
- As you lower the left dumbbell, begin to lift the right dumbbell, duplicating the movement.
- When both dumbbells have been raised and lowered in a cycle, that is one repetition.
Note: This exercise can be performed using both arms at the same time and also by substituting a barbell for the two dumbbells.