Primary muscle group: Shoulders
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart and a dumbbell in each hand.
- Keep your arms extended and by your sides and with your palms facing in.
- Relax your shoulders so they hang as low as possible.
- Raise the dumbbells by slowly lifting your shoulders in a shrugging motion. Hold for a count of one.
- Slowly relax your shoulders to return to the start position.
Note: You can also rotate your shoulders in a circular movement during this exercise. One direction on the lift, the opposite direction when lowering to the start position.