Bent Over Barbell Row
Warning: If you suffer from lower back problems, this exercise is not recommended.
Always keep your back straight throughout this exercise.
- Set up a barbell on the floor and stand facing it with your legs slightly wider than shoulder width apart and your kness slightly bent.
- Bend forward at your waist and grip the barbell with an overhand grip.
- Keep your back straight and nearly parallel to the floor.
- Keep your head and neck straight. This is the start position.
- Without moving your torso, exhale and lift the barbell up towards you.
- Keep your elbows close in to your bodyand use your forearms to support the weight.
- At the top of the movement, hold for a count of one and sqyeeze your back muscles.
- Return to the start position inhaling as you do so.
Note: This exercise can be performed using an underhand grip to engage the triceps also.