Equipment: Barbell / EZ-Bar
- Set up the barbell on the squat rack so that it is at the same height as your upper chest.
- Position your body under the bar, with knees bent so that the bar is resting high on the back of your shoulders.
- Grip the bar with your hands comfortably wider than your shoulders.
- Slowly straighten your legs to push upwards, lifting the barbell from the rack and take one step forward.
- Stand with your legs shoulder width apart.
- Bend your knees forward and allow your hips to bend back as if sitting down,
- Continue this movement down until your thighs are parallel to the floor or slightly more, making sure your knees are pointing in the same direction as your feet.
- Hold for a count of one.
- Push up through your heels while straightening your hips and knees, until you are standing in the start position.
- Make any adjustments necessary to your stance and grip before continuing on the next repetition.
Notes: Do not rest the bar on your neck. Keep your head facing forward at all times. Keep your back straight throughout the entire movement.