Return to Exercise Guide
Barbell Pullovers / Lying Chest Overhead Extensions
- Lie on a flat bench, holding a barbell on your chest with an overhand grip. (Your hands should be shoulder width apart)
- Get into starting position, raising the bar above your chest by extending your arms, but do NOT lock your elbows.
- Keeping your arms slightly bent, slower lower the weight in a smooth arc to a position behind your head by rotating your shoulders. (as if putting your hands in the air)
- Keep moving the barbell behind your head until you feel a slight stretch in your chest. Hold for a count of one.
- Return to the start position in a smooth revers arc.
- Continue holding the weight above your chest, then repeat.