Triceps Cable Pushdown
Primary muscle group: Triceps
Equipment: Cable station
- Set up a cable station with a straight bar on attached to the top pulley.
- Grip the bar with an overhand grip,with your hands slightly less than shoulder width apart.
- Position your feet shoulder width apart,with knees slightly bent for stability.
- Pull the bar down until your forearms are parallel to the floor with your elbows close to your body and your wrists locked in a straight position. This is your staring point.
- Moving only your forearms, push the bar down towards the floor until your arms are fully extended and you feel a stretch in your triceps. Hold for a count of one and squeeze your triceps.
- Return to the start position moving your forearms only. Hold for a count of one then repeat.
Note: Do not move your elbows or swing your hips for momentum during this movement.