Bodyweight Walking Lunge
Primary muscle group: Quadriceps
Equipment: No equipment
- Stand straight with your feet shoulder width apart and place your hands on your hips. This is the start position.
- Step forward with either leg in a long stride. Keep your other foot in place behind you.
- Bend your knees as you do this so your body is lowered towards the ground. Keep your back straight throughout the movement.
- Continue down until your front knee is just above the ground. (Your front leg should be bent 90 degrees at the knee)
- Hold for a count of one.
- Push down through your front heel and extend both knees to return to the start position.
- Pause then repeat with your other leg. When you have lunged with both legs, that is one repetition.
Note: Try to keep your hands on your hips at all times, using your obliques to keep your balance.